My name is Po Chan. I am British born with a Chinese cultural background. My logo is my tattoo, a symbolism of my philosophy.
After graduating and working in the UK, I spent another decade working and exploring Asia. My journeys has covered more than ten thousand miles. I held directorial positions, managing people. I embarked on an entrepreneur journey, managing business in hospitality. I worked in schools, supporting children who needs a bit more attention. Then, I continued my development to become a psychotherapist. I have experience in cultural and societal differences, anxiety, abuse, trauma, loss and relationship issues.
My work has shown:
- differences could be what you believe is not how it is perceived
- how you feel internally is not how you are externally
- gender and race inequality arise from biology, psychology and cultural norms but can feel unfair
- anxiety can be incorporated in everyday life or everyday struggle
- anxious feelings can be felt without known reasons
- abuse is either misuse (substance) or mistreat (person), either to oneself (self harm) or to another
- trauma involves an overwhelming event or an accumulation of events that exceeds one’s abilities to cope and continue
- bereavement, miscarriage, abortion, separation and divorce are all losses that affects the mind in different ways
- there are four types of relationships: family, friends, acquaintances and romantic… conflicts are unavoidable but if aspects are compromised, then problems will surface that would affect the relationship and the self
If any on the above, resonates with you then I can definitely help. I understand that all our experiences are different. The community, society, culture, and family dynamics and traits, can all play a part in how we feel and how we react. Just anxious alone can mean scared, helpless, insecure, embarrassed, and/or even weak. Whatever it is, talking can help. My knowledge is broad, and my thoughts can reach the horizon. I like using metaphors too. I have a strong belief for self-worth. I have a strong desire to reach for perfection, but I also consider that imperfections can be perfect too. My wealth of experiences has given me compassion and capacity to help you to overcome your difficulties. I can help you work towards strong groundings through self discovery and self love.
Take that first step for self-worth and enquire here.